Cooking your own meals can be a daunting challenge at times; however, with the right tools inside your kitchen, meal prep doesn’t have to be such a hassle. Be mindful, though, that not all kitchen gadgets are good buys. Don’t be fooled into thinking that some of them are, because they will most likely just gather dust on a shelf. Don’t worry, though; because your kitchen deserves the best kitchen gadgets and we’ve got some lined up for you. If you want good value for your kitchen, then this hack is definitely for you.
- Pressure cookers (similar to an Instant Pot) are at the top of the list for a reason. A pressure cooker can easily make meals in half the time needed by a typical slow cooker. Home-cooked meals? No questions asked; a pressure cooker will get the job done in no time.
- Air fryers are small, concentrated ovens that produce crisp skin-on fries, meats, veggies, and more without the oil of frying food. It offers a healthier way to prep foods, and in less time than it normally takes.
- No kitchen is complete without a blender. However, if you don’t want the ones that are big and bulky, you can always go for smaller blenders like a Ninja or Nutribullet, or even an immersion blender These blenders are smaller and easier to manage and can make individual portions, too.
- Waffle irons are normally used to make waffles, but there are other uses for them, too. You can cook hash browns, omelets, grilled cheese, and even cookies in a waffle iron. A waffle iron is a great multi-purpose tool you’ll use often!
- A wok is a sauté pan that has a rounded bottom and smooth sides. A few pots and pans will get you by, but a wok will make it easier for you if you plan on making stir-fry, sauces, soups, etc. Their long handles let you hold it over a burner and shake and stir the food inside, heating the ingredients quickly and evenly. Though it takes time to practice using a wok, after you’ve learned how to use it effectively, it will easily become essential to you.
- If you usually consume avocados, you most likely have an avocado slicer lying around in your kitchen. If you typically use a knife to open and slice avocados, you should be very careful, since those avocados can be quite slippery. An avocado slicer is the safer way not only to open an avocado but to remove the pit and shell and create perfect-sized slices, too.
- A can opener is a very basic but essential tool for your cooking in the kitchen; especially when you’re big on canned food. Don’t get the cheap ones; only get the ones that are good quality, yet affordable. This will save you a lot of trouble later down the line. These ones are the ones that will quickly break or fail instead of lasting you years.
- If you’ve not heard of a swivel peeler before, then you should definitely look into adding one to your kitchen. Do you find yourself cooking a lot of potatoes, squash, carrots, or other vegetables? It’s a good, quality peeler that fits snug in your hand while easily slicing through a vegetable’s thick outer skin. This swivel peeler will automatically adjust its angle according to how you hold it against the fruit or vegetable, making it very easy to peel whatever it is you’re peeling.
Is the kitchen your primary objective in a home? Don’t forget to ask about it when speaking with our Atherton property managers about our available rental homes.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.